top of page

We provide our student/scholar clients with exceptional extraordinary services just like themselves.

At Law Offices of Mehrani PLLC, we have extensive experience in helping students and scholars maintaining their legal status and assist them to achieve their goal of permanent residence in the U.S. We also ensure that you receive unparalleled personal support throughout the entire process. We proudly represent engineers, physicians & nurses, artists, musicians, performers, professors & researchers, athletes, and more.

F-1/F-2 Visa

A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to study in the United States must first obtain a student visa. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F-1 visa or an M-1 visa.

Before you can apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an F or M student visa, you must first apply to and be accepted by a SEVP approved school. 

When you are accepted by the U.S. school you plan to attend, you will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). You must pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee. The U.S. school will provide you with a Form I-20 to present to the consular officer when you attend your visa interview.

If your spouse and/or children intend to reside with you in the United States while you study, they must obtain individual Form I-20s, but they do not pay the SEVIS fee.

Foreign Medical Graduates

International medical graduates, physicians with degrees from foreign medical schools—may be facing some fundamental challenges in their role in the US healthcare system. If you are on J visa and are subjected to the Two-Year home residency requirement, one of the challenges you may face is not being able to change your status to any other status. U.S. immigration laws provide specific instructions for obtaining a waiver for such scholars known as Conrad State 30 Program. If you are in need of such waiver, contact us today and we will assist your throughout the process. 

Looking for an attorney for your case?

Often the companies who are about to hire a foreign national, give the foreign national the option of choosing his/her own attorney. This can be true for both immigrant and non-immigrant petitions such as EB-1, Eb-2, Eb-3, H-1B and O. 

If you have been asked by your company to look for an immigration attorney for your green card or simply a change of status, contact us and we will represent you and your company. 

J-1/J-2 Visa

The Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa category is for individuals approved to participate in work-and study-based exchange visitor programs. Before you can apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a J-1 visa, you must first apply for and be accepted into an exchange visitor program through a designated sponsoring organization. 

When you are accepted into the exchange visitor program you plan to participate in, you will be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Most J-1 Exchange Visitors must pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee. 


J-1 visa holders may be subject to the two-year home residency requirement, 212(e). J-1 visa holders may avoid such requirement and apply for change of status while in the U.S. by Obtaining  J-1 Waiver. In fact, this is our expertise. We have helped countless J visa holders who were subject to the 212(e) requirement to obtain a waiver. Contact us today to determine if you qualify for a J-1 Waiver. 

Services for Students/Scholars

- F-1/F-2

- OPT/CPT & Employment Authorization Card

- J-1/J-2

- Foreign Medical Graduates

- J Visa Waiver

- Extraordinary Ability (EB-1)

- National Interest Waiver (NIW)

- H-1B Visa

- O Visa

- P Visa

- Change os Status

- Adjustment of Status

- Consular Processing

- Citizenship

Free Evaluation for EB-1 and/or NIW

Use the contact box below and let us know that you are interested in our free evaluation of your case for EB-1 or NIW categories.

EB-1 (Extraordinary)/EB-2 (National Interest Waiver) Applicants

If you hold an advanced degree, whether employed or seeking a placement, and possess exceptional ability in science, art, sport, etc., you may qualify for Employment-based green card. The aforementioned categories require careful examination of the petitioner's education, experience, honors and award and more. 

There is no labor certification required for these two categories. 

If you think you have extraordinary ability that can be proved by extensive documentation, or that you are working in an area of substantial intrinsic merit to the U.S., that the benefit from the your activity will be national in scope, contact us today for free evaluation of your achievements. 

Name *

Email *




Success! We Received Your Message.

Change of Status/Adjustment of Status/Citizenship

We offer discounted legal fees to our student & scholar clients for the aforementioned services. Also, do not hesitate to ask about our payment plan options. (individual clients ONLY)

We work effectively with clients anywhere in the country. We Offer payment plans for students & scholars. Please inquire. 

bottom of page